Thursday, February 16, 2006

So far, I have had zero interest in watching any of the Olympics. I'm not sure why exactly, usually the Olympics excite me and there are certain events in the Winter Games I usually can't get enough of. This year, though, I haven't even considered turning on the TV to watch any of the coverage. Part of this I feel has to do with the fact that I'm at my computer on the internet for hours everyday and avoiding the results of the days events is near impossible. I enjoy Olympic competition a lot but not enough that I'm going to give up my valuable sleep time to get up and watch every morning, like I did with the World Cup '02 and will do again this summer. The US has also not performed up to par thus far, with numerous athletes not meeting expectations. 5 of the 9 US medals have come in snowboarding, a sport that was started in the US only 20 years ago and is still dominated domestically.

One guy who certainly didn't perform the way he would have like was Jeremy Bloom. Luckily he's got somewhere pretty good to go now that his Olympics are over; he'll be at the NFL scouting combine next week in Indianapolis. We won't get a great feeling from only the combine, but it'll be interesting to see if his football skills have stayed sharp since he left Colorado. Obviously he's in great shape and his combine numbers should be good, but it won't be until he lines up as a wideout will we see if he's got what it takes to make it in the NFL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I like sports games a lot too. I’m really glad to see the victories of our sportsmen. Especially I like our basketball team, they are real "dream team".

Opra said...

If you are really interested in sport, probably you should pay attention to sport rewards credit cards:))) I think they will satisfy your needs:)